Friday, September 24, 2010
The 700th Post.
As requested, I shall blog a proper post! I think as the days pass, my blog gets more dead and fades away but I have came to rescue it with some photos (okay fine, a photo).
In my opinion, I felt as if I've wasted my week away accomplishing nothing much. Nonetheless, it was a good break. I honestly felt so so bored at home doing nothing and hardly went out to meet people. Everyone was in camp or busy with school. But it's alright, because I know this will be how life will be in a short while's time. Then it brought me to my attention that I really should get a job soon when I finish my national service. I spent some time looking through online jobs sites and charity organisations etc. and realised it wasn't easy to find something I really liked. Dear God, I think I need some lobang and wisdom in this area.
I was quite disappointed I didn't really achieve anything in Thailand. There wasn't really any take-away from the trip. I didn't miss home nor people much, which was pretty weird. The thing I enjoyed most from the trip would be travelling through the villages in the rural areas and just observing people and their way of life. In my heart I wished I had like my dslr with me. The villagers and farmers, they led very simple lives with the little material wealth they had. All of us are very fortunate to be born in Singapore where most of us have grown up in comfort. Based on data provided by the World Bank, World Development Indicators, I have calculated that the probability of a person being a Singaporean citizen is actually 0.000723 (3 s.f). That is such a tiny value.
Recently, I've been trying to learn the guitar. I went to buy a tuner and tuned my sister's neglected guitar. It's a challenge learning it by myself and knowing that I can easily play the same thing on the piano so much better makes me feel less of wanting to carry on learning. Maybe some proper lessons will help. Still thinking about it, whether I should focus on just one instrument or both.
Okay, can't think of anything else at the moment. Bottom-line is that I need to use my time more productively in future. Haha. Shall post up some chinatown photos next time when I'm done processing them.
Currently listening to the various Jesus Culture albums during this period. They're really inspiring and annointed worship leaders. I went to search for some of their sessions last night and was really moved. They are not like the typical flashy christian concerts of this day but very simple and focused on just worship. If you happen to want any of their songs I can send them to you. Do check out their songs below which I feel are like the nicer ones! (If time's a concern, then check out the first link. If not you can slowly view the rest.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74JgXohEcco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoezWBPGRAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoC1ec-lYps&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1D9AKqoSIU
Posted at 11:39 AM
.jpg)