Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Today is one of those days I really thank God for.

My first exercise with my men was finally over yesterday. It was a simple one but the worst start a commander could ask for. Thunderstorms, vehicle convoy getting lost before breaking down in the middle of the jungle, commando mosquitoes, my man falling sick before we started our digging and getting deployed in front of a cemetry for the night. Nonetheless, I'm just glad my platoon didn't give up.

I was made to use up my day-off today, yes, on a very random day. I had no plans and that was the interesting part. Waking up at 0900hrs on a wednesday morning instead of 0530hrs was such a luxury. My sis asked me out for lunch in town during her break before going back to work. After which I sat down at a coffee place, drank my coffee and read my book. It just feels so peaceful sometimes when it's just you and your book. Haha. I should do that more! The only regret I had was oversleeping and not being able to catch the match online. Was hoping arsenal would somehow get through! Sian.

Once again, I really thank God for the rest I really needed before I go on and chiong the next few months with the crazy training schedule, getting my weekends burnt and all again.

Okay, to add some pictures to this blog, here are some photos from last weekend! It was quite exciting walking across the shaky metal planks of the bridge with the ground so low below you.


Choo choo train?

"Don't shoot..... or I.. I... will jump!!"


Thank God for friends like them who never fail to make my day!

Posted at 9:15 PM