Sunday, April 18, 2010

Time for some photo geek talk. Yes, I want to buy a new camera lense and it shall be the AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G as shown above. It's so gonna burn a hole in my pocket and I'm thinking whether I should buy it before I fly off or after.
It boasts an aperture of F1.8, like F1.8 which means a greater ability to shoot photos in low-light conditions and a higher depth-of-field, resulting in probably a more well-defined bokeh seperating the subject from the background. A focal length of 35mm would equate to about 53mm when mounted on a DX format camera, giving the user a perspective as seen from a normal human perspective. It's silent wave motor ensures that it remains as silent as it can while focusing. In addition, there are no moving parts meaning that air carrying dust do not get suck into the lenses. Lastly, it's price tag puts in a very affordable zone and it is value for money.
Goodness, that was terribly geek. I can't believe I just typed that whole lot of geek stuff. I think I must be under the influence of 'the big bang theory'. I've started watching it again after finishing 'how i met your mother'. This level of geek is like nowhere near their (big bang theory) geek. HAHA. Watching too much of it really inspires/influences you to be a geek.
Okay, I think I'm just bored..
Posted at 11:28 AM