Saturday, November 28, 2009


Goodbye Home Sweet Home.

Today was the day I moved out of my old house, down the road to the condo next door. Seriously! We moved not by choice but because we got kicked out of our estate due to this en bloc that dragged on forever. The fact I have a house to stay in today is indeed a blessing from God. A few months ago, my parents only had less than 2months (I think) to find a place to move in due to the sudden en bloc finalisation. We initially looked at a couple of HDB flats nearby and in the east but they didn't suit us. Thankfully, we managed to get this unit last minute under very miraculous circumstances and our whole family happened to like the place too. This house is now like our family's testimony of God's grace!

This week certainly was one busy packing/unpacking week, okay well not exactly. I took off/leave almost the whole week just to pack my stuffs to shift over to my new place. It's really very difficult moving into a smaller unit as it just means you have to throw away many personal belongings. You'll have to justify what stays behind and what goes. It's just not my thing to throw things away as I'm quite sentimental and keep every single thing from a small plastic bag that came with a gift (yes, ridiculous I know) to movie tickets to cards and such. I still keep all my drawings, hand-written " story games" and my failed attempts at making comic strips from my childhood.

As I packed and unpacked, it was as if I was watching a movie reel of my life - recaps of many incidents that slipped my mind. One thing which I recapped were the floorball seasons, after seeing the cards we all exchanged and that armband which only lasted like this short a period. This whole idea of supporting each other as team-mates is really nice and I kinda miss that feeling. However, the painful part of this whole floorball thing made me sort of like not wanna remember too much.

Another whole lot of things were all my church stuffs that piled up all the way from sunday school till now. I threw away most of them. All the christian education classes notes, worship ministry rosters, camp planning stuffs, cell group stuffs and bulletins etc. Honestly, I was quite surprised I actually copied down everything I've learnt or heard through my daily QT during sec school. It just felt weird looking back because I know the person whom I was at that time would have been disappointed if he knew few years down the line, he wasn't the person he aspired to be. So much so for recognising my calling then. I guess life is unpredictable?

Okay enough of all the melodramatic stuff.

CHRISTMAS! Seeing all the christmas cards from rgen times made me so excited about christmas! Christmas is indeed my most favourite season of the year and I'm even more excited about this year's because I've not spent christmas here for the past 2years! I remember in the past we would make hand-made gifts and cards for each other till like very late at night. I really loved that culture back then. I wonder how will christmas be like this year!

Okay, I'm off to bed now! My very first night in the new house. Honestly, I'm still not used to it.. I feel like I'm sleeping over at someone's place and I kinda miss my cui sofa-bed plus my lil cosy computer corner in the living room.

Posted at 2:50 AM