Sunday, May 03, 2009
I guess after so long I finally made my way to the Marina Barrage. Picnic, salad, camera, tripod and lastly sparklers, yes sparklers were the main highlights. I'm so convinced that sparklers make good night photos.
.jpg)
One thing I have to admit is that the barrage is smaller than what I expected it to be. But nonetheless, the large field was very tempting. I wished that I had a groundsheet to lie flat on and maybe stone at the cloudy sky.
.jpg)
And yes, sparklers are pure joy to play with. Firstly, they remind you of your happy childhood days. Secondly, they make you feel empowered holding mini fireworks in your hands. Thirdly, they look darn cool on camera and you can make funny shapes with them. JMJ! The only cool people there with sparklers that night making the kids around green with envy. Just kidding!
On another note, I feel that I'm losing my passion for photography. I don't have much inspiration left within me and that's not a very good sign. I tried counting the number of flickr-photos that I've taken that I'm really proud of this year and I couldn't put a number to it. Sometimes it just feels weird peering through the viewfinder trying to find something to take a photo of for the sake of taking. So I guess the best my camera has to offer now is to capture my happy moments out with friends and with that I'm satisfied. Needs new inspiration badly.
Two more weeks before I'm passing out again and before judgement is met out. I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping I won't get into this certain vocation. Life feels so routine and purposeless now, a feeling only army boys will understand. Now it's back to camp on a typical gloomy sunday night with my flu-like symptoms. I hope they don't quarantine me.
What breaks you, shapes you.
Posted at 7:57 PM
.jpg)