Friday, January 09, 2009
Opps, looks like I had no time to update the photos. I guess I will post when I book out and if I have free time.
The past week was a blast. Rushing to meet up with so many friends and all!
So am I prepared for army? That's a very good question.
During A level period I was studying together with sam and wayne when this question came across my mind - "Will you kill a person when faced with such a situation during a war?" It suddenly became a very real thing, the fact that being enlisted means that should a war erupt, you'll most likely pick up a rifle and fight the war.
Killing someone has its implications. The other soldier that you might have killed most likely has a family of his own, killing him would make his wife a widow and his children fatherless. How cruel. He might be the enemy, but he's still a human. The reality of war is indeed very real in our time. It's a sad truth that everyone has to accept.
I would say that I can never be fully prepared to be enlisted, but what I can say is that national service is something very essential in the grooming of every man and for that I am willing to be enlisted. However, like most other people, there's a tinge of reluctance within me but it'll be for my own good I guess.
Alright then, let's see if my views have changed two weeks later. :)
Posted at 12:52 AM