Tuesday, September 09, 2008
I've finally managed to find time to blog.
So yes, I'm now 18 years of age. It didn't really feel as though I've had a birthday though, honestly, due to the fact that prelims were the day after. In fact, it was chemistry and economics papers first. I spent my birthday going to church alone for first service (haha yes Kelly, I didn't go for 3rd and I think I regretted) and studied at home the whole day long. Amazing way to spend a birthday. I shall be sour grapes and just say that birthdays are like any other day. Haha.
Thanks to all who wished me. Appreciate it. Thanks Michelle and Jovena for calling me right when the clock struck 12, my two very reliable friends. :D You two really made my day. Not to mention the other floorballers who called and mass-conference call too.
Really like to specifically thank these two groups of people - my prayer group friends and my fellow floorballers for celebrating my birthday.
Last thursday, I was given a rather pleasant surprise by my prayer group friends. I had 100% no idea that they were planning something and I thought we were meeting up just to pray. In fact, they had planned to surprise the sept babies - Wayne, Melodie and myself. Melodie and I reached the designated meeting point at the bus-stop, only to receive a message to follow the trail left behind on the various trees and poles as shown below.

We followed it all the way in the direction of East Coast Park, which eventually led us back into Neptune Court where they surprised us! They made us this really nice boards with personal messages stuck onto them. So sweet of them! I'm really a sucker for personalised cards. It was unfortunate that Wayne wasn't present at that time to join in the celebrations. I feel really blessed to have this group of friends and meeting up every morning at the grandstand has really brought more joy to coming to school.
Prayer group friends! (Wayne's just hiding somewhere in the bus. :P)Secondly, I would like to thank the floorballers for celebrating after chemistry paper on monday! Really appreciate it. It made my day after the disasterous chemistry paper. I'm sorry if I haven't been devoting much time to you guys after season ended. Really looking forward to the college sports representatives dinner after prelims with you guys!
Last week was a rather fast week. I spent most of the days studying at the study room at Sam's condominium. It's really a very nice, cosy place to study. We celebrated wayne's birthday too on wednesday. We blindfolded him and made him walk all the way from the study lounge to a cafe off the National Library. Funny.
Weird stares from the crowd as the birthday boy crossed the road.
07S47 + our new member. :DOkay, that's all. Bulk of the prelims are over already. Prelims haven't been going well for me. Monday was the first time I left my graphic calculator at home, only to realise it 5minutes before the exam. I was really panicking. Thankfully, chris (MFJ) managed to lent me his on time. Phew. I hope I can persevere through till the last paper is over. All the best my friends for your prelims/promos. :)
Posted at 11:28 PM

