Monday, July 21, 2008

To say I'm not sad or okay would be lying.

Today was the biggest match of my life so far and the saddest match too. I'm really at a loss for words now actually. The tears just flowed naturally till a point I could tear no more. Because the team means so much to me and just thinking about all the effort I put into the team since day one, not missing a single training at all, with the exception of one time when I had to go to the doctor, just hit me.

The pain of defeat is just so painful, it cuts deep. The image of the last winning goal being scored against us keeps playingvividly in my head. It took place when there were two seconds left. Why couldn't the two seconds passed earlier. We played our best but I guess some things aren't under our control. I didn't get a chance to play, but I did the best I could by offering the support my teammates needed.

Today we proved that a certain junior college whom everyone thought was the clear distinct unbeatable champions aren't that unbeatable anymore. That I can be assured of. Today we nearly made the miracle everyone out there never saw coming.

I guess no one will ever fully understand the pain we feel right now. After receiving so much injustice through our crucial moments. I really hate faking smiles.

Lord, let not my will but Yours be done. I will still praise you even though we lost. Please help my teammates and I to put it behind us and move on positively.

Posted at 8:24 PM