Saturday, February 16, 2008

Okay, so today I felt in the mood to upload the photos I took from Vienna, so here they are. I hope you like them. Vienna is the capital city of Austria if I'm not wrong. It is known to be a very musically-inclined city with a rich history. Mozart started off here. Vienna is also known for its pastry and cakes. My stay in Vienna was a rather enjoyable and memoriable one. Not to mention checking into the Hilton Hotel over there was a great luxury as I have never stayed in such posh hotels before. Somehow, the tour group checked us into the Hilton.



VIENNA THROUGH MY EYES (PART 1)


Train station at Salzburg, on the way to Vienna.


The train cabins in Europe are really spacious and interesting.


The hotel lobby of The Hilton.


They have many delicious cakes on display! We couldn't resist and bought one.


Our hotel room, which looked very nicely dressed up.


I decided to explore the city-centre by myself on the first night.


There's this big cathedral in the city-centre.


There are many horse carriages outside the cathedral, waiting to pick up tourists.


The interior of the cathedral.


Candles were placed there in rememberance of Mother Theresa.


A typical "statue" found in the city-centre.


It was really crowded and packed with hordes of tourists.


There were many make-shift stalls set up, selling various soveneirs.


That's me, posing while studying for my sister to take photo of. Haha!


Buffet breakfast at the Hilton is the bomb. There's this area not in the photo that has the cook frying waffles, crepes, eggs etc. for you. The waffles and crepes with chocolate syrup are the best!



VIENNA THROUGH MY EYES (PART2)

We returned back to Vienna after touring the other eastern european countries. And our first stop upon returning was this Marche-like restaurant.


One of their many delectable pastries.


Even more pastries to tempt our tastebuds. It was unfortunate that I had eaten too many cakes and pastry till I didn't want to eat antymore.


A rather attractive looking mini-cooper that caught my attention!


If you're wondering where did the first chocolate cake come from, you've got your answer right here. The first chocolate cake in the world was made at the cafe which is in the centre building.


We then visited the palace, which unfortunately does not allow photography inside.


Family photo!


A panorama view of the palace. The suites inside are spectacular!


Mom and Dad.


They had these christmas market stalls set up outside the palace.


Many benches for people to sit with their loved ones and admire the crowds.


I liked the compostion of this photo and the elements in it.


A better view of the cathedral I went into a few days ago.


Yes, there're no kangeroos in Austria and they're proud of it.


Walking down the main shopping lane with my parents.


Some building which I forgot what the name was.


Dad and Mom couldn't resist not taking a photo.


Some Red-Indian buskers drawing a large crowd.


My dad decided to make use of the tripod to take family photos. We took quite a few photos and it was quite fun.


That's Vienna's history museum if i'm not wrong.


I really liked this photo a lot! This is their parliament house. Very beautiful.


Family photo with it! The best family photo one can get. Only a camera on a tripod can take it. :D


Frontal view of the Parliament Building. I'm glad there wasn't a crowd and the sky was nice.


The town council building with a really huge christmas market outside.


Some building that was opposite the road.


They were having some activities inside the building.


The corridor along the entrance.


A christmas market stall selling various christmas stuffs.


Frontal view of the town council building and their christmas tree.


It was really really packed and crowded.


How could one resist the temptations of all the food there!


Soon it was goodbye to Vienna at the airport.


Yup, that's a whole load of photos. I hoped you enjoyed viewing the photos. If you want any of the photos you can ask me to send you the larger resolution version. Vienna's a really nice place. It was quite unfortunate I got quite tired of taking photographs, hence the lack of inspiration.

Posted at 1:06 PM