Sunday, December 30, 2007

OKAY. I'm finally done with all the sorting out of the photos after many nights. And i have decided to post the photos up by the places i've been to together with some narration.

Sorry if the full-sized photo is not that big. I can send the original one to you if you want. So first up we have, LONDON! I stayed in london for the first two (part I) and last two nights (part II) at my sister's place.

WARNING: BE PREPARED FOR A SUPER LONG POST WITH MANY PHOTOS.



LONDON THROUGH MY EYES. (PART I)



This is a view of the main city area of London from the aeroplane. It took me quite a number of tries to get this photo right. By the way, the blue thing there is the London Eye.


My sister resides in this lovely estate and shares a house together with a few asian flatmates. The neighbourhood is quite a nice one to live in.


This is the view i get from the 2nd floor of a double-deck public bus. As my sister has been living in london for the past 1 year, it was rather convenient for us to travel around via public bus instead of the tube.


We headed down to my sister's college on the first day and we came across this rather unique plant as shown here.



This is one of my favourite photos from the series of photos taken in london. This is so as i felt the photo captured much emotions and story in it. It is photographed in a special exhibit in the National Portrait Gallery which is dedicated to the late princess diana. Princess Diana is one who has made much impact on the British society and her death was a great loss to their society and is still mourned for till this very day.


I forgot the name of this building, but i really like the colours of the photo. It was during sunset time hence the rich colours.


After passing through that magnificent structure, we made our way to st james' park which is my favourite park. Let the photos convince you why i like it so much. :D


I like this photo a lot! the timing was perfect as the sun was setting and the sun rays broke through the trees and laid out before us.


In st james' park, squirrels will run up to you or wait on the metal railings hoping that you might spare them some food. they will then scamper back into the bushes.


There's this big pond there with many many many different birds like ducks, swans, gooses, etc.


A squirrel ran up to a local standing on its hind legs, gave its adorable look and got some food in return.


The lush greenary and nature found in the park made me fell in love with it. I hoped my photos of it made you fall in love with it too. :D


One of my favourites shots from the whole holiday trip. Taken from a bridge in st james' park. I really like the symmetry, t he reflections in the water and how the London Eye subtly hides at the back.


Some random building that caught my attention. It looks like a fire station with a long chimney! but it isn't.

VICTORIA PALACE! HAHA. This palace belongs to us Victorians. :D We can have our musicfest over there in place of the "Billy Elliot" musical.


I took this photo in their domestic airport! the trolley is really funny!


AND YES!!! THE BEST DONUTS IN THE WORLD! KRISPY KREME DONUTS! NO QUEUES NO NOTHING. sadly it's not that fresh. but it thrashes the ones in singapore flat. by the way, i ate 5 of it for lunch. :P


I looked so happy eating it that dad asked me to pose for a photo with it! :D

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUMMYYYY! I like the white chocolate thingys on the top.



LONDON THROUGH MY EYES. (PART II)


What you see right now is.... OXFORD STREET!!! London's version of orchard road. And it's madness i tell you. Imagine TOPSHOP/TOPMAN has their own building with FOUR storeys and each storey is about 3-4times larger than one floor of the outlet at wisma. AMAZING. The sales in london is really good. Pre-christmas sale is madness, boxing day sales is even better with 50-70% off storewide for almost every shop there.


A nice view i got of the London Eye at night! I think it looks much prettier at night with its funky lights that reflects by the thames river.


And how can i forget about MR BIG BEN! The famous icon of london! It also looks much better at night with its golden lights!


Another view i have here of MR BIG BEN and the parliament building! I really really like this photo a lot. I felt that i was very lucky to have taken such a photo as it's very very rare to be able to picture it that way. It was christmas eve's night so the walkway wasnt crowded and the traffic weren't heavy, hence i was given an unobstructed view of it.


OKAY! That's the end of the photos and narration for London! I hoped you liked it. Next up will be SALZBURG : the home of the Sound of Music and Mozart.

Posted at 11:49 PM