Thursday, October 05, 2006

Okay, here are my prelim results for those who wanted to know. Scores before moderation are in the second bracket.

English - A2 (73%) [68]
E Maths - A1 (88%)
A Maths - A1 (80%)
Chemistry - A1 (78%) [76]
Physics - A1 (77%) [71]
Hist/SS - A2 (73%) [66]
Geography - A2 (73%) [68]
Overall - 77.4%
L1R5 - 8

I think I performed reasonablely well, although it could have been 7A1s if not for some unforseen circumstances. I think I should be thankful for what I've gotten because I really know it's by God's grace that I have attained such grades. It could have been worse with the major hiccups I made. 4F did quite well for the top students. There were 4 six-pointers, 2 seven-pointers and 2 eight-pointers. Well done guys! I think my range of index number has a rather nice pattern. index number 32-6points 33(me)-8points 34-6points 35-8points. Cool right? 6-8-6-8. Time to buy 4-D, haha! Just kidding. Looking at the amount of moderation dished out, you can just tell the difficulty of the papers, especially english, physics and geography.

Strangely, I was not overjoyed over my results. Something's changed within me ever since that life group session. I really found achieving good grades not sastisfying (with the exception of chemistry). It shouldn't be my main drive and goal in life. My mom asked me whether I was happy about my results and I told her "not really..." in a really low tone. Weird. I'm just weird. I never expected to do well at this point of time. Now I'm more anxious about keeping the grade for the O's. Because I'm one who hates deprovement. Know me well, and you would realise it in no time (maybe not).

In the past, I would be thinking of VJC as my dream JC and I would like go crazy over it. I always wanted to go VJC and nowhere else. Now that I'm able to go, I find that I do not really have an urge to go there anymore. Weird. I think I'm afraid I get kicked out and get depressed and all just like certain victorians. I think I drilled myself too hard to accept the fact of getting into a 15point JC after prelims.

But yes, it will be VJC for now, with SAJC as my 2nd option and ACJC as my 3rd. I can't wait to meet Matthias in VJC and my other friends who went there through IP. I still remember in sec2 I told him that I would study hard and join him in VJC. I'm seriously considering taking up Art as my contrasting arts subject. Had a nice chat with my sister just now and she asked me to go to the open house and talk to her teacher about doing Art. I want to do digital media art and digital photography those kind.

I hope I don't get complacent over the next one and half months. Thanks for all the encouragements from all the certain people (you know who you are and I know who you are :D). It really really helped me through! Encouragement works wonders. And yes, THANK YOU GOD FOR THE SPLENDID RESULTS. :)

Posted at 7:49 PM