Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Yes, today marks the end of the prelims. The toughest exam I have ever sat for physically, mentally and emotionally. It was the worst period of my life I have gone through. It really strips all self-reliance and increases my dependency on God.
Never before have I fallen sick during an exam period, in fact my stomach gave me problems for 2weeks. Adding to that, I had insomnia everyday with the exception of a few days, and the feeling was really bad. I had to get over many letdowns and setbacks. But, I emerged a stronger being, just like how a butterfly struggles to break out of its tightly-bounded cocoon.
To me, I felt that I have cleared the highest hurdle for now, crossed the deepest ocean and I'm prepared to face the final test - the O levels. Seriously, I was more worried about my prelims then the O's. That's because I know that being in a school like Victoria, they won't go easy on the examinations.
Through this exam, I understood what it meant by failure. Failure is necessary for growth. Failing is better than not trying. I read on failure from a christian book gave as a birthday gift. It's about how you respond and move on from that failure that matters.
History paper was a failure in my perspective. THAT by itself, pushed me way beyond my capabilities, against all odds and to trust in the one above for my geography paper. All odds were against me, with my sister leaving during that period, hindering my studying times. And yes, I broke my 12hours study record, this time it's 13hours in a day. But I wanted to go for 15 actually. In the end, the biggest risk I took for studying the minimal chapters for geography paid off. But I will never try it again.
Bottomline is, I went through a tough time but emerged a stronger person spiritually, mentally and emotionally. Thank you God. :)
Now, time to take a break. I'm going to catch a movie and have my well-deserved rest before starting again tommorrow.
Posted at 11:11 AM