Saturday, September 16, 2006

Today during worship in youth service, I realised something. Something so simple, yet I somehow forgot about it in the hustle and bustle of life. It was not more of me realising it, but i felt it was what God wanted to tell me.

He told me that He was always there with me, watching me, by my side. I began to picture my usual self - a solitude figure sitted on a white wooden chair, in a spacious bright room sprawled with books all over the floor, busy studying at my books. It was like any other studying sessions I had at home.

He was there with me. I was unaware of His presence. All the times I felt so lonely in that room, digging my face in the sea of endless books and the everest of papers. The times I felt so hopeless and lost. The times I felt so down and wanted to break down. The times I so badly wanted to talk to somebody because I couldn't take it. He was always there beside me. He was always there comforting me, strengthening me even while I thought I was suffering alone by myself. I was unaware of it.

But today, I realised how much He has helped me through, how much He comforted me. How He was always there beside me even though I was unaware of it. I couldn't help but stand in awe and worship the one who loved me so much. And He loves you too. You don't have to be perfect or flawless to have Him as your friend.

God doesn't condemn anybody but accepts anyone who is willing to accept Him into his life. Many people think they have to be a goody person or a sinless person to befriend God. But fortunately, that's not true. The transformation of lost lives to ones which bear much hope and future are certainly the evidence of His acceptance and changing power. I was once lost. I was once vuglar, rebellious, angry and many more. But now I'm found in Him, and is no more.

"Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me."
-Psalms 23:4

Thank you God. Now I feel much more peace in my heart when I study.

Posted at 11:08 PM