Thursday, September 07, 2006

Okay, here's the 'annual birthday post'.

I guess birthdays are just any other day in a year, just that it is 'your day'. That would be the definition for most people.

Birthday for me this year, wasn't any much of an improvement from last year's. I had to admit I had the worst birthday last year due to some misunderstandings. On that account, I think this year's birthday is better. But it really cannot be compared to the good old times at sentosa and wild wild wet where i spent my past birthdays with a group of close friends at that time. The Prelims are really sucking the life out of me.

I want to thank all who took the effort to send me birthday wishes and I really appreciate them. And also a particular person who made my phone vibrate non-stop. He sent me a total of 42 messages. 21 at midnight, 21 in the morning. I also would like to thank the senders of the 4message-long birthday wishes, you know who you are. Thanks! I also received a poem which is indeed quite timely. Thank you to the writer of the poem. I had to spent a total of 40minutes to reply everybody's messages. My fingers were actually quite tired after that. Haha! Thank you guys!

It took me quite a while to sleep, and had a nice chat before sleeping. After O's it shall be!

As usual, the first thing I did when the clock struck 12 was to PRAY AND SEEK GOD! Pray over my next one year and stuff. That's what I did the previous year, and indeed the past year has been filled with endless joys and blessings. The next thing I did was to whip up my camera and take a shot of 'THE LEGO MAN'. Yeah! Sounds lame. You will see more of him here in this blog in the time to come.

I had breakfast with Darren at Kovan Mac's. Apparently the '24hr' Hongkong Cafe was closed and only opens at 11am. How ironic. Wanted to have some thick toast for breakfast. We had a nice chat. Unfortunately, he had to leave for school.

Then, came the bad part. I went home and all I did was to STUDY and SLEEP. How nice. Haha. I guess things didn't go the way I wished it would go. Higher hopes equates to Greater letdown. My magic formula. I realised studying is VERY BORING. Especially when you spent like ten hours on the same topic and you're only halfway through. I studied till I realised I didn't have the mood to study. I've been clocking at least 8-9 hours everyday for the past 2weeks (excluding saturdays). BUT, I'm doing this for my own good, just like how parents' would tell their kids.

I was hoping to eat ice cream for my birthday! Those Ben and Jerry's, Higan Diaz and Swensen's type. This craving within me. Finally, someone wanted to make my wish come true. However, things turned ugly. There was some miscommunication. AGAIN. History never fails to repeat itself. This time it was between me and my mother. I had to go against my will and reject them. And I'm not one who likes rejecting people. Somemore I had already agreed to it.

Yes, we quarrelled. It totally turned my sian mood into a rather annoyed mood. Thankfully, things turned out better. She apologised. I agreed to go out with my family for dinner in the end. My mom tried to make my mood better by offering me incentives to do well for my exams. It was $150 for an A1 and $100 for an A2 for the O's. She said I was to use that money to buy the camera I wanted. A more advanced camera with manual functions and all to whet my appetite for photography. I think I would be more happy about my results than a new camera if I managed to attain my desired grade.

In the end, I managed to get my ice cream. Atmosphere of the family was nice. Even after a major quarel broke out among us. The ice cream shop was kind of funky, trendy and hip. A place for the young. That came after dinner at Chomp Chomp Food Centre in Serangoon Gardens. The ice cream was nice. One of the ice cream I ordered was a scoop of cookies and cream ice cream with a shot of liqueur. Bailey's it was. Delectable it was. I think I'm starting to have an addiction for liqueur. I better stop!

And yes, so that's the end of a rather 'interesting' birthday. Thanks to all who wished me. Appreciate it! I hope next year an end would be put to the boring birthdays streak I've been having. Sorry for sounding so whiny and spoilt.



Look at that shot of liqueur in the test tube!

Posted at 9:43 PM