Monday, August 07, 2006
Today, i ran the last race for my house. My last 4.8km. It was a race of perseverence. I had learnt so much from it. I came out a tougher person. Okay. Enough of this emotional talk. This nostalgic feeling is just creeping all over me these few days.
I had my last chem pract two weeks ago, it literally ended with a crash. Waiwan dropped the whole bottle of nitric acid on the floor. That's not the point. Chem pract had always been the most fun time in school, the mixing of chemicals while avoiding detection, the spraying of deionised water at each other. Childish yet memorable acts.
Today i didn't give up. I ran and never stopped despite my stomach muscles killing me. The pain was excruciating. I told myself it was my last race and i won't stop. But oh yes, splendid me ran the same timing as sec1 or 2. 27 minutes. 'Fantastic'. The timing didn't really matter though. My 4hours of sleep, never warm-up and unfit body may be the reason. But nevermind, because WE GOT SECOND as a team. At least i get a medal in my last year. Thank God! :)
After that, i followed my classmates out to town. I had actually planned to go back and study, but i realised that i too, needed a break. Yes, i actually spent 2hours playing LAN. Touching that dreaded game after so many months of abstinence. After which, we went to watch the movie 'Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift'. The orange/black RX-7 just had to be smashed. Why!! It's such a pretty thing.
Poor zhihan had to share a couple seat with jansen. Who knows what jansen did to him. Jansen recently has this fetish of ________ my ____. Ah. I'm freaked out. It's been this way for the past 4years (in one way or another). Don't worry, i'll still accept you. HAHA.
Last night, i understood what it really means to have a friendship taken away so fast and quickly. Yes, our friendship will still remain, but it won't be the same before. I asked God why did you have to leave so soon. In fact, it's only a matter of days. Your sincerity in this friendship built up is certainly one i would have never expect coming from one i've known in such a short time. Oh well...
Posted at 7:20 PM