Thursday, August 31, 2006

It's the time of the year when students show their appreciation to their teachers. I feel that I've been blessed with the best teachers around. God's blessings really never run short. School has never been made more fun without teachers who can bring out the best in a student and the subject. I think being a good teacher is really a hard thing to do. Managing a class of 40students, catering to each and everyone's needs at the same time, isn't easy. These days, communication between two people is already so hard, juding from the number of failed marriages and broken friendships there are all around us. How much easier is it with 40 people?

I really want to thank all my teachers for their relentless efforts they have put into all their lessons. Their willingness to see us even after their working sechdule, be it in the form of remedials, one-to-one consultations or just talking to us in a casual form. All this i truly appreciate.

I think my teachers really did a good job in teaching me. Never before, have I been so motivated to do well and at the same time sustain a keen interest in all my subjects (excluding chinese).

Chemistry has been made understandable and interesting by Miss Lyana for me, which is an achievement because I started off not knowing even how to write a chemical equation in secondary three.

History and social studies, subjects deemed as boring and uninteresting, were made so real and interesting by none other than Mr Khoo. He's really one cool teacher able to infuse technology, films, movies and jokes into education, making education simply enjoyable.

Miss Sharma, the teacher that never fails to bring snacks and sweets for us during geog lessons, holding lessons in air conditioned rooms and being able to take our nonsense.

And not to forget our dearest form teacher, Mr James Ho. He is argueably the most care-free and relaxed teacher in my perspective. An amiable person he certainly is. English lessons were never quite what it was supposed to be. Unfortunately he wasn't in school today.

Teachers' Day celebration in school today wasn't much of a celebration other than people playing soccer in class and doing some mass dance for ACES day. There was floorball matches for both teachers and students together. It really make me want to grab a stick and play. Nevermind, I shall join floorball in JC if there is one. After handing the teachers my presents, it marked the end of yet another term in VS and the start of the 'holidays'.

And finally, Happy Teachers' Day to all the teachers out there.


Photos Below (and in flicker as well)


The teachers' day gifts, made by me. (Still got 2 more)


It glows in the dark! Haha.


Miss Lyana's card from 4F.


Mr Imran's card. (a deviation from the formula V=IR)


Soccer in action in 4F.


Teachers' Floorball match, with many spectators.

Posted at 6:15 PM