Monday, August 14, 2006

I was just so glad when i received an A1 for my physics mock exam today. I was happy not because i had something to boast about, but it was more than that. It really gave me the confidence i needed. The confidence i needed to carry on and not give up. And i know that it's really by God's timing that these events in my life chose to lay out as such, after all i had gone through.

Times have not been good for me. As each day passed, slowly i was losing hope, losing focus of the goal ahead. I lived my life on mere human strength, and realised i was no match for life in the modern world. Then, it was really time God woke me up. He woke me up to the reality that life lived without Him is one that is meaningless, a painful struggle for survival.

This year really has been the greatest challenge of my life so far. The amount of work, responsibilities, friendships and dealing with the departures of close ones. Thankfully, i see that through all these, i come out a stronger person. A man of greater faith. Afterall, a baby learns to walk, after many instances of falling down.

Being able to write all these, simply shows me how merciful God has been in my life.

"Everlasting, your light it shines when all else fades"

I will cling on to this light of hope and never let go.

Posted at 5:57 PM