Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ahhh. Prelim chemistry practical was a complete DISASTER.

Firstly, my test tube thing exploded THRICE while i was heating it. HAHA. Quite scary.

Secondly, I DIDNT KNOW THAT FILTER PAPER MUST BE USED WITH POTASSIUM DICHROMATE(IV) TO TEST FOR SULPHUR DIOXIDE. So i was happily waiting for the orange solution to turn to green before *POOF* my test tube exploded. HAHA.

Thirdly, the most dumbest thing i ever did took place. I ASSUMED that hydrogen peroxide was not provided, when it was just on the rack beside me. AHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm so smart. So i ended up using the solution P from the titration which is supposedly a different conc. of hydrogen peroxide or something else.

Lastly, while others got a BLACK/BROWN precipitate, I GOT AN ORANGE PRECIPITATE! WOW. I'm just so 'good' at creating new stuffs.

And the best thing is, i still can be so happy despite it being my worse practical session. I'm expecting the worst. Nevermind, at least it's not the O's. I'm still quite surprised despite it being the prelims i wasn't too worried. I thank God for such peace within me. I've been managing well so far. :D

Posted at 8:36 PM