Friday, June 16, 2006

I believe every photo holds a particular significance to the person who took it or the person who is viewing it. It is all a matter of how you want to look at a photo, a picture, a source. A photo can bring out different meanings. This photo as shown above, and also on the banner of my blog, holds much significance to me. It did not have much significance then, however, it does especially so in this period of my life.
For the past two months, i have been rather troubled about where i would go next year. Victoria Junior College? I had serious doubts about my ability to enter in ever since my depressing grades and my rather unfortunate CCA grade. Never before, was i so anxious about my future. To many, i seemed like a happy go lucky sort of person. I was never such a person. I am a person who is always deep in thought about every other thing in life, from a small issue of why someone had ignored me to a big issue of my future. I really like to think a lot. It has a downside to it. I always thought what was best for me without the consultation of God. Such pride i have in such matters really pains the heart of God. I was never able to trust God in where i would go.
"So what on earth does that have to do with that photo?", you may ask.
God spoke to me through it, that i was like a mountain climber beginning his journey up the mountain. And i had to set my eyes on Him at the finish line which is depicted in the photo as the cross representing God and the peak of the mountain representing the finishing line. I don't know how to explain it, but i hope you get a picture of it. I really must keep my focus on Him and trust Him for the path He wants me to take up this "mountain" in my life. It's really amazing how God can speak to me through such a photo in times like these.
And just the day before i was rather encouraged by this verse Jeremiah 29:11-14, particularly verse 11. I came across it on calista's MSN nickname. It really spoke to me. It says..
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" -Jeremiah 29:11
Yes. Plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future. Now i know that whatever the future may hold for me, God knows what is best for me. I may not be able to comphrehend it with my human knowledge, but i just know it. Now i really hope i will be able to believe in that verse all the days of my life. Words are easy to say, but it is really the actions which are hard to carry out. I really thank you God for your assurance. I no longer need to worry about where my future lies. Because i know my future is in Your hands.
I really love you, God, who cares so much for me. I am sorry for the times i have doubted you about my future. I am sorry for the many times i have bruised your heart. I thank you for bringing me to You, once again.
Posted at 10:22 PM